The Jobs and Skills Exchange (JSE) has launched the JSE Admin Pool pilot.
The JSE Admin Pool is made up of four experienced, diverse and professional Admin Specialists at the VPS2 and 3 level, who have been carefully selected by the JSE for their ability to be flexible, proactive and resilient.
This initiative gives teams from across the VPS the opportunity to request an Admin Specialist from the Pool for assignments ranging between two weeks to two months.
If the request is successful, the JSE will select a suitable Admin Specialist for the assignment to be flexibly deployed to the requesting team.
This service is available to all departments (including ), and Admin Specialists will be available to commence assignments from 24 February 2021.
1. When to use the JSE Admin Pool
In line with the JSE Recruitment Policy, teams can use the JSE Admin Pool:
- to backfill roles temporarily vacated for reasons such as leave or secondment,
- if the role is vacant and in the process of being filled through a recruitment process,
- if a new team has been stood up in times of urgency and when the ongoing composition of the team is still being determined,
- to fill COVID-surge functions (as defined in the Industrial Relations Framework for managing the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic) (the Framework).
Note, for any COVID-surge functions, the JSE will seek to fill these functions with existing public sector employees receiving salary maintenance or financial support under the Framework, prior to considering the availability of an Admin Specialist.
While requests for using the Pool will generally be on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, the JSE reserves the right to prioritise certain placements to meet . It is recommended you request a pool member as far enough in advance as possible to ensure placement due to high demand.
The Pool is not intended to be used as an additional ‘top up’ resource or as a substitute for when it would be more appropriate to undertake formal recruitment.
JSE Admin Specialists can assist with tasks suitable for their classification level, such as:
- Clerical support
- Customer service
- Basic executive assistant tasks (basic diary and inbox management)
- Administrative tasks associated with project management.
JSE Admin Specialists will be able to work remotely so they are able to assist any team, regardless of location.
If onsite work is required in the Melbourne CBD, JSE Admin Specialists will be available to complete assignments in the office, if it complies with Victorian Government guidance on office workplaces. The Admin Specialists will not be able to work onsite outside of the Melbourne CBD.
Departments will not be charged for use of the Admin Pool in the first three months of the pilot. After three months, the JSE will phase-in a rate to cover the costs of operating the Pool. Departments will be updated on these costs prior to their introduction.
5. Requesting a JSE Admin Specialist
Any manager can request a JSE Admin Specialist to assist their team if their request has the endorsement of their executive, however, Executive endorsement will be required.
In requesting a JSE Admin Specialist, please consider the tasks and timeframe for which you may require administrative support, e.g.:
- Backfill whilst you recruit for an ongoing administration role
- Planned or unplanned leave of an existing administrative support officer
- Urgent unplanned administrative tasks.
Where appropriate, keep your HR function across your workforce needs and your request for an Admin Specialist from the Pool.
The JSE will be in touch to discuss your request.